Beth 是那位收我作女兒的長者。在我要去到海的另一邊、必須把兩條我深愛的狗交到素未謀面的人手裡時,是她和 Bruce 接了過去——好讓我能走。從那時起,她就認定我是家人;再難的事,也分不開我們。 Beth is the elder who took me in as a daughter. When I had to place two dogs I loved into the hands of people I had never met so I could go to the other side of the ocean, it was she and Bruce who took them in — so that I could go. From then on she decided I was family; and nothing hard enough could divide us.
她的故事 Her Story
根RootA father made new
她常說,她生命裡最大的一塊地基石,是她的父親——因為她親眼看見神進到他生命裡,把他從裡面換了過來。那成了她一生憑信心生活的根。
She often says the biggest foundation stone in her life is her father — because she watched God come into his life and change him from the inside out. That became the root of a life lived by faith.
相遇We MetA reluctant ‘yes’
Bruce 連著六個月、每個月問她要不要再養一條狗。她那句並不情願的「好」,後來成了我能走出去的那道門——他們接下了我放不下的兩條狗。
For six months Bruce asked her, every month, about another dog. Her reluctant “yes” became the doorway I walked out through — they took the two dogs I could not put down.
委身CommitmentDecided you were family
他們認定我是家人的時候,我還沒變得夠好、夠穩;他們先認定了我,後來的難處反而把我們綁得更緊。
They decided I was family before I had become good enough or settled enough; they decided on me first, and the hard things that came only bound us tighter.
代禱IntercessionOn her knees
Bruce 每天晚上為我禱告,她在清晨禱告。隔著大半個地球,他們把我所知道在做的每一件事,都帶到主面前傾訴。
Bruce prayed for me each night, and she in the early morning. Half a world away, everything they knew I was doing, they brought before the Lord.
塑造中StillLearning to trust
Bruce 已經回到主那裡。她仍在學習憑信心生活——遇到大事仍會害怕,卻仍一次又一次選擇,把問題交給主。
Bruce has gone home to the Lord. She is still learning to live by faith — still afraid when big things come, yet still choosing, again and again, to hand the problem to Him.
她說過的話 In Her Words
「我們一旦認定你是家人,就沒有任何事情能把這個分開。後來也真的沒有。所以那份委身非常重要。」
“Once we decided you were part of our family, there wasn’t anything that was going to divide that. And it didn’t. So the commitment was very important.”
— Beth · 第 5 篇訪談— Beth Jones, Interview No. 5
「有時候我們會吊在那裡,手指甲都快撐不住了,等答案來、等需要被滿足——但我們就吊著,神每一次都來。」
“We might hang by our fingernails till the answer comes or the need is met — but we hang there, and God comes through every time.”
— Beth · 第 2 篇訪談— Beth Jones, Interview No. 2
「能為彼此禱告,是我們每個人的權利——為牧者、為僕人式的領袖、為宣教士禱告。」
“To pray for one another is the privilege of every one of us — for pastors, for servant leaders, for missionaries.”
— Beth · 第 1 篇訪談— Beth Jones, Interview No. 1
五段訪談 The Interviews
Beth 在五段訪談裡,把她「成為家」的這條路講給我們聽。每一段都收進了「訪談系列」,配上完整的中英對照。 In five interviews, Beth tells the road of becoming family. Each is part of the Interview Series, with the full bilingual text.
我們決定了你是家人Once We Decided You Were Family
「他們一旦認定我是家人,再難的事也分不開我們。」"Once they called me family, nothing hard enough could divide us."
讀這一段 →Read this chapter →
有人在為我跪著禱告Someone Is on Her Knees for Me
「能為彼此禱告,是我們每個人的權利。」"To pray for one another is the privilege of every one of us."
讀這一段 →Read this chapter →
從裡面換一顆新心A New Heart, From the Inside Out
「我抓著祂的時候手在發抖,祂卻每一次都來。」"My grip trembles as I hold on—and every time, He comes through."
讀這一段 →Read this chapter →
留下來,好讓另一個能去The Ones Who Stay, So Another Can Go
有人接下你放不下的,你才走得出去。Someone takes up what you cannot put down, and then you can go.
讀這一段 →Read this chapter →
祂還沒有雕完He Is Not Finished Shaping Me
神還在她身上、也在我身上動工——祂還沒有雕完。God is still at work in her, and in me—He is not finished yet.
讀這一段 →Read this chapter →